Saturday, October 15, 2011

Day 6 - Sorghum Syrup Festival

Breakfast juice combo. Saved some chickfila cups to have my juice. It goes down best through a straw.

Lunch was better because it was carrots, leafy greens, lemongrass, beets, and peppers. NO RADDISHES!

It was perhaps the most testing day to endure. We went to the Sorghum Syrup Festival in Blairsville, Ga. . There was funnel cake, kettle corn, barbecue, you name it. I drank a cup of water before we went in.

The family had biscuits with sorghum syrup, kettle corn, lemonade, and burgers..

It was awakening for me to actually see the things I would've scarfed down without a thought.

I wasn't really tempted. I didn't want any of those things. I figured my biscuits were probably better, the kettle corn would be jammed in my teeth and I wouldn't be able to get it out since I cut my fingernails really short so I could play my new Martin guitar. The burgers weren't appealing because all I could think about was the cattle in the movie FOOD, Inc.

So, Day 6 was a lot easier than I thought it would be. I've got lots of energy and I'm feeling like I own my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment