Saturday, October 29, 2011

Day 20 - Chicken soup for the soul and sinuses

I'm definitely on the road to recovery.

Last night and this morning was the worst of it. I had so much sinus pressure that I had nightmares of my back teeth being pushed out of my head because of the pressure.

I still can't smell or taste. And I'm okay with it. Sort of, I've got some chicken soup simmering (not from a can) and I'll bet it smells lovely.

I'm too zapped to work out, but our elliptical is going to get a beating when I'm better.

Speaking of exercise. As I mentioned before I like the Pandora station "Hungry Like The Wolf". There are 2 things that I have added just for kicks.

1. If a commercial comes, I call it a bonus round. I go as fast as I possibly can without passing out for the duration of the commercial.

2. If Billy Idol's Rebel Yell comes on, that is the Super Deluxe Bonus Round and I have to push it as hard as I can for the duration of the whole song.

After it's over, I usually want to french kiss Billy Idol and then poke him as hard as I can in his side ribs until he cries. Then I make fun of his crooked lip.

Yeah, so Day 20 and what am I learning.

I'm not nearly as impulsive as I was 21 days ago.

I can live without prepackaged food.

I don't have to go to Starbucks all the time.

While I'm a really awesome baker, I'm a shitty juice maker.

I don't miss sugar.

I know this is going to take a long time. But here's the deal:

God willing, 2 years is going to come and go. In 2 years from now, I can still be hooked on sugar and chocolate milk and being sedentary; or I can get off my ass now so that in 2 years I can look at myself and say, "I'm so glad I got control of my life 2 years ago."

If you think you need to get healthy and you are disgusted that it's going to take a long time to do it, just consider that. The time will pass.

What are you going to do with it?

3 comments:

  1. Love it!!!

    btw, have you tried a neti pot for your sinuses? It's done wonders for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the neti pot. I'm so clogged that I just ended up adding a cup of water to my sinus cavities though.

    It works wonders when I do it early on. This time I was in denial about getting sick so my window of opportunity was slammed shut. X(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, I am so proud of my pal. I have loved reading this and there is nothing that you can't do!

    ReplyDelete