Friday, November 4, 2011

Day 26 - I used to shower alone

Even though I'm not 100%, I feel like if I don't exercise - I'll fail.

So, I climb up on the elliptical and go for 30 minutes just to keep Fit Healthy Girl happy. She doesn't seem to mind the coughing and hacking.

And I carry on.

The boys have no idea how much I love them. They are being so supportive without even realizing it. While I'm exercising they have been playing together (read: trashing the house and yelling at one another) and solving their problems on their own (notice the correct usage of "their". I wish there was a grammar test before getting your Facebook license).

However, this loveliness usually expires after about 45 minutes. So when I'm trying to get in the shower, I have at least 1, sometimes 2, and often 3 naked screaming boys running at me shouting "Shower time!!"

My overly optimistic self tells me not to sweat it. That soon there will be plenty of room for us to wiggle around in the shower with a little more dignity.

So that's the Good News.

The Other Good News is I've still got some apple pomegranate juice for day 27!

I've decided to name it the Forbidden Juice. I've heard that some people think the forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden was an apple. I've also heard that it was most likely a pomegranate. I figure I've got it covered by drinking both.

But I reckon that I'm drinking it so I can wear less clothes in the long run instead of piling fig leaves all over me.

And finally, the Other Other Good News is that I'm pretty sure that I'm going to carry on with the 2 juices and 1 meal until January.

I'm just feeling really good inside my body. And I feel really clean. And I feel in control of myself.

The Man has graciously said he would be supportive emotionally and financially if I continue on.

The main reason I've almost decided to carry on is that I just don't feel "done" with this phase yet. There is more for me learn about myself. There is more for me to glean from this.

Sippin' on gin and juice,
Radmamma

1 comment: